Athletics Complex Update - April 27, 2021
To our Valued Acadia Athletics Complex Members:
With the recent outbreak of COVID-19 in the Province of Nova Scotia, the Nova Scotia Health Authority has taken quick action to reduce the chance of spread of COVID-19.
These measures include restrictions to indoor and outdoor fitness, recreation and sport.
We are appreciative of your understanding of our responsibility to ensure the facility remains operational for Acadia students and our community members.
The current state in Nova Scotia has forced us to revisit our operational plan and put in place measures that limit access to the Acadia Athletics Complex to ensure the safety of our students and members.
Changes to facility access will begin immediately. These changes include:
Those who live outside of Kings County, NS are advised per Public Health orders not to visit the Athletics Complex until restrictions are lifted.
- The Acadia Box Office will be closed until further notice. If you require box office services, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Fitness Centre will continue operating at a capacity of 20 persons per 45 min. session. All sessions will continue to be pre-booked by Acadia students or members only.
- The Acadia Indoor Walking Track is closed until further notice.
- The Acadia Pool will remain operational.
- All drop-in pre-registered recreational activities in the Main Gymnasium, Andrew H. McCain Arena, Raymond Field, and outdoor track will be suspended until further notice.
- Squash and Racquetball courts will remain open with a maximum two persons per court per 45 min. booking.
- Sport Academies have been postponed until further notice.
- Acadia Performance Training (APT) will be reduced to a maximum of 10 people per program.
- The Acadia Sports Therapy Clinic will remain operational. If you are a client of the ASTC and have questions, please contact the Clinic direction at 902-585-1625.
The Acadia Athletics Complex will remain open 7 days per week with reduced hours.
6:30am - 10:00 pm
Sunday 8:00 am - 8:00 pm
Box Office by phone:
Monday to Friday – Noon to 5:00 pm
Reintroducing all our facility features, and programs will be dependent on the lifting of the recent restrictions imposed by the Nova Scotia Health Authority. Social distancing measures, mask requirements, and cleaning protocols will remain an important part of our operation. We ask that you remain diligent in meeting our facility requirements including pre-registration for all activities currently allowed.
Thank you all for your continued support during this time. We will continue to ensure that the Acadia Athletics Complex is a safe environment for all our users and will keep you informed of any future changes.
Athletics and Community Events